Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Few Ideas on the Fiscal Cliff



I'm no professor of economics, but these ideas all sound reasonable to me.  
 
Of course I'm not rich and have been unemployed for two years after being laid off due to corporate downsizing and just lost those unemployment benefits due to federal cuts and I have no health insurance and recently just barely got over bronchitis without dying and I have a pre-existing condition that most insurance companies will penalize me for having if I could afford their policies at all.  Okay so I might be a little biased towards these ideas or maybe I'm just feeling a little entitled to staying alive and healthy.  
 
I wish that the politicians who make these decisions could have just one day like I've had over the past three weeks.  Just one day.  I spent a full week running around basically begging for some discount health organization to help me with my bronchitis as it got worse and worse.  I was turned away or told I'd be called back in a week or told I was ineligible because of the amount of money that the people who took me in make.  I have no source of income and would be on the street if these guys hadn't helped me out, but I can't get help with healthcare because apparently their income is my income.  If I were homeless I could get all the healthcare I needed.
 
I went crazy for a few days because of this bullshit.  Thank god the ER treated me.  I wouldn't be here otherwise.  I've got it easy.  There are others who are much worse off than I am.  I wish rich people knew what it was like to beg and struggle against impossible rules and to have to fight for your basic needs.  I wish they knew because maybe just maybe they'd stop being such greedy selfish assholes for five minutes and have a little mercy on the rest of us.


EXP3

No comments:

Post a Comment